Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Another NEW Day!!

Have you hung some pumpkin shells out yet?    The birds are waiting patiently.  I wonder if those are clove pieces on the pumpkin rind . . . makes it look pretty and decorative..just for the birds...how nice you are to think of them.....thank you.
It looks a little like this right now but it will brighten up in another hour or two;  it is early , very early and only one light is on over at the hospital wing...really still part of the night time...well, any time before six a.m. is still night time...right?  All I can tell you is that it is pitch black out there.....nothing moving....I'm up, my one neighbor across is up but all the others are closed, dark and still dreaming!!
The wise old owl....beautiful!!  A wonder!! besides being a real 'hoot'  smile!!

A new day which has not really started yet;  must be about five a.m. or there about . . . haven't checked the clock, afraid to as it might tell me what an early bird I am....I need a refill so I am putting you on hold for a few seconds.....Um...first pot gone so I will have to make a new one but not for awhile, can't believe I downed the whole pot already.....see what concentration does to you....you down the coffee without a second thought and now you know why the eye lids are wide open.    

I'll have to plot and plan what to do with this new day.  Yesterday was a ride out to find some new glasses  so we went to the mall and did some looking.   Prescription glasses are very expensive and then add the cost of frames and you are bankrupt for the rest of the year.   The frames are what I call chintzy,  trying them on makes for a lot of laughter and almost a tear or two as you check the price tags.    It costs the maker about three dollars to make but are priced out at anywhere from thirty dollars to hundreds....someone is greedy.  But...age and glasses go together and there is no getting away from eye checks and new prescriptions...all costly...all necessary as the eyes  are always in use.....no rest for the 'wicked"....ha, ha, tried to spell that one with a "Boston" accent....wickard.

So we did find some frames and the glasses will be ready next week;  meanwhile I am trying to use some very old glasses so I can skype...if there are errors ignore them....I can't see...smile!!!

We did get to Costco and had a walk around;  it has to be a mile or more and great leg exercise.  We stopped to have one of their hot dogs...yum....always good.    Got a few things we needed and a couple of things we didn't...well ...cookies are a necessary evil, keeps us sweet....not fat....sweet!!!  Did you know they taste better than morning cereal?   They do....try a couple and see!!

I am off to face a new day.  I hope I meet YOU on my way....I can always use a hug or two.   Make your today the best one yet.   Be kind, be gentle, be YOU.  Hugs to all



No comments:

Post a Comment