Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Saturday, October 28, 2017

Contrast

A water ballet!!  A stone thrown into the stream. . . . small miracles.

A feast coming up but check the beauty of the shells.
A small miracle!!

Good morning.   I have been sitting here at the computer for at least an hour, wondering what to write about and at this time of the morning when the darkness prevails, one or two hospital rooms with lights on, otherwise complete blackness out there in the parking lot.  No movement, too early for workers yet , although a few are up and getting ready for the ride in to work for the day.   The parking lot is filling up slowly, the workers are in no big rush to get to the door but I bet they finish that big cup of coffee or chocolate they are carrying inside.    The early shift . . . aah coffee or chocolate...hot and tasty and a wake up call.    There is one patient over there who is an early bird.  The blinds are open, the lights are on, the television is on, and the patient is sitting quietly in her chair watching a program.  All ready for a new day.   It is Saturday ...all day...I think today is the day we are passing out some treats at the gallery;  not sure, but it seems there was talk about treating those who came to visit with something sweet and tasty.    I will have to go and find out.  I like treats...smile.

I hope your today is a 'good' one.  I hope you find places to go and things to do that will brighten your day and make you feel good about being alive and well;  some folks are not,and have a 'cross' to carry, so be of help when and where you can.   We are here to help, not to hinder, so be one of those busy bees and 'get with the program'. . . don't you love that saying...I can see and hear you now.....well, try as you really are necessary to making life worthwhile.

As for me, it is Saturday and I have no special plans....as yet....I will work on some ideas and get busy before long.   There must be something I can do to be of help...but...at this age 'hindrance' is a good word..smile.     I am seeing a bit of day light so the cars are taking shape out there in the parking lot.   It was so dark for awhile I couldn't see even the shape of a car.    There are some beauties, have my eye on one with a sun roof....one has a luggage carrier  but the rest are clear.    No empty spaces this morning so everyone is in and working.   A new day, let us hope it is a good one for those who are not feeling up to par.    Our Vinnie spent a day over there yesterday, was not feeling just right but regrouped and was sent back to his apartment so I gather all is well.   One of the good guys, sure hope he is okay.    Dealing with the 'old' folks means one day at a time.   So, if you have 'old' folks in your family, be good, be kind, be gentle and love them.....they spent a life time loving you.   Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment