Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Saturday, October 21, 2017

YOU

YOU make my day bright and beautiful, like the simple daisy-----you shine with love, make one laugh out loud and share the beauty.   Have a 'good' day, all day and share you with those you like and love.
How lucky I am to have YOU in my life.  My world becomes a brighter, better, more loving place because YOU are in it.

Ha, ha......such fun.....do you remember doing this?    How we love a rainy day!!

A new day, hopefully a good one with places to go and things to do and friends to share the day with.    I have not opened the blinds as it is still very, very early and it is pitch black out there.  The light is on out there in the parking lot but there really is nothing to see.  It is much to early for the workers to come in but the time is coming fast and the coffee pot is on.  I am just a little earlier than usual and the quiet prevails....you could hear a 'pin' drop.

My hair is cut within an inch of my scalp, I think I like it . . . well I wont have any trouble keeping it styled for at least a month or two;  bald is next, not that I am planning it but if the hairdresser cuts much closer I wont have to worry about styling it.   Feels good!!  Looks???? Up for grabs!!

A quiet day here at Ridgemont yesterday.  No one out and about, weather iffy, and it was a quiet day to do a lot of nothing special;  reading is always a good past time and that jig saw puzzle on the table never goes unnoticed.    I like to organize so find it fun to do and there is always someone to give a helping hand.    Not many can pass up a jig saw puzzle;  that illusive piece has to be found.  Lucky for me, I had company when Doris came with some of her baked goods to share and stayed for a cup of tea and some words.   Daughter Pat joined us so a tea party was in order.  Doris, who is one hundred years old, spry, a baker;  bakes every day and makes delicious breakfast buns to die for.   You would love Doris who has a sparkle in her eyes, a lovely smile and always kind and loving words.   She likes to be busy and baking is one of her favorite things to do for which we are all grateful for as she loves to share and not one of us ever says no.....I am having one of her breakfast buns right now...yum...and she told me there are no extra calories in it;  she didn't say 
how many calories are in it though, but . . .  it is so tasty I don't really care..smile.

So, a new day beings.  I have no idea what is in store for me but I am sure to find out.    I have not opened the blinds this morning so have no idea what the weather is like.  I can tell you it is dark as the clock has not reached six a.m. yet;  more likely a little after five a.m.....so we early birds are up...almost awake..just don't expect much at this time of the morning...smile.    I am off for a refill, hunker down in my easy chair, turn on the television and see what is going on in our world.....hopefully some one good thing for a change.    So go fill you cup with your favorite beverage, grab a big fat doughnut or a coffee bun or buttered toast.....enjoy....make today one to remember.   Be good, be kind, be gentle.....be YOU!!!  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment