Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A New Day Begins!

If I had a lot of money I would send YOU something beautiful to look at, to touch, to smell...aah!!!!

You would probably like cookies more...but I am not baking.

Remember, you can do anything you set your mind to......you can!!

A new day.  Right now pitch black out there in the courtyard.   Only one window with lights, Christmas lights so they probably have been on for awhile;  an early riser in that room across the way.    It is early so there are no cars in and out, no noise of any kind.  I get to hear silence every morning. 
A new day starting, wonder what is in store for us today.    I have no special plans.   BUT....that does not say I cannot make some.    I am humming, "the old grey mare, ain't what she used to be...."   smile.....well, we do grow older, slower, and believe it or not, give up the mantle to the younger generation...we did it ...we were good at it...and we earned our peaceful quiet time.   YOU go ahead and get those decorations up;   bake up a storm and make all the old favorites, I'll sit awhile and watch, and, smile while you do it.  One of the special ways memories are made.

I am off for a refill, going to turn the news on and put my feet up.     Who knows....I may get an invitation to go out today....if not, I have a few chores to do around here and later there will probably be a Hallmark movie to watch.    My table has not one, but two trays of Christmas cookies to share.   I didn't bake them but have a lovely friend, down the hallway, and she keeps us well supplied.   One hundred years old and she is spry, bakes every day and loves to share.  How lucky we are to have Doris in our lives.   Sparkling eyes, a lovely smile, and...a cookie in each hand....smile!!!

So, check your list and get busy;  the day is young and you have much to do.    Be sure you "make someone happy" ...do it..with a smile, a kind word, a small gift...so easy when you know how....smile!!!  Be the ambassador of good will, joy, smiles, hugs, and they do not cost a thing...well just a little effort to get out of your chair and share...go.   Hug someone...open up those arms and fill your day with smiles.    GO!!!!  BE YOU!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment