Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Friday, February 9, 2018

Pitch Black

This is as close to a picture of the early morning darkness that I could find.  It looks just like that out my window.   No lights, no movement, no cars, no people, silence...time is moving to daybreak but it will take some time yet as it isn't even five thirty a.m. and only the early bird is up and moving about....and then there is me....smile......so I am not one for sleeping in as I grew up with an old Irish mother who believed that the early hours were best for you.  She was not interested in what you thought, she just knew that one started the day early and the earlier the better was her cry.....and the early bird catches the worm...who cares???  I don't think I'd ever try eating a worm; in fact I know I didn't and wouldn't...yuck!!!  All those old adages were suppose to be words of wisdom...."ya think"....I just could not be convinced and that bad habit of greeting a new 'dawn' never left.  I do remember going out in the black of the early morning, heading down the street to church and the first Mass of the day.   It was not all bad as the street lights were still on , the air cold and many homes had lights on as the day was about to break.  It is amazing how many memories are stored in our brains as our daily routines come alive when we think back to our early school days.    Mass was a given;  we didn't think twice about not going;  it was our sacred duty to get up, go out, and attend morning Mass, hopefully storing up enough credits to overdo anything we even thought to do wrong...and it worked...sometimes...smile. 

I spent a quiet yesterday catching up with all my running around the day before.  Laundry has a way of piling up and it does not 'do itself' and the longer you wait, the larger the pile and the more time spent in the laundry room.   But....once done, ah....another few days before that routine has to be followed again.  Whatever happened to the idea of paper clothing...the stuff you can throw away....I'm ready to experiment..are you? 

I had some Netflix time with granddaughter Erin yesterday.  We hunkered down in our easy chairs and watched a show as we drank hot tea.    It really is a good way to spend time and the treats are always tasty.  Reminds me I have to do a little shopping and see if there is 'anything good' to buy for our next show time. 

So a new day is dawning.  Right now coal black out there and no lights on in the hospital wing.   The tiny light on the side of the hospital wall shines to light the way in for those early birds.    But silence prevails....so off I go to refill my coffee cup; turn on the television and find out what transpired in the dark of night.   A new day..hopefully a good day....so....go.....be YOU....be good, be kind, be gentle and share a hug or two.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment