Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday All Over Again!!


Emma does spend time at the Gallery with us, but yesterday she stayed home as we did not want her all excited when new patrons of the arts came in our door.  Yes, a Sunday opening for a new show and we had a good crowd.   The treats must have had something to do with it as the table was filled with delights to make the taste buds stand up and take notice.    A good day,  a good crowd, and a lot of good comments on the displayed art work.  We have a lot of talent here in Port Orchard.  We have some some artists with smiling eyes and lovely words for those who appreciate the work that they do.   It would be hard to choose just one picture for your walls.  It was a beautiful Fall day here in Port Orchard.  The weather was lovely, a Fall day, a day with sunshine and a bit of warmth.  Folks came out to see the show and the comments were good to hear.   I got to visit, but then I like to go to the kitchen and be of help.   There is always something to do there and I like kitchen duties, and I get first dibs on hot coffee..smile.

So a Gallery Sunday is always a treat as you meet and greet some of the nicest folks not only from  out town but from a few surrounding areas.   Folks like to take a Sunday drive and have a nice spot to visit and our gallery is well known.   As I have said before, there is a lot of talent here in Port Orchard.

I am off for a refill...aah...coffee...the elixir of life for some of us.   My addiction to coffee started many, many years ago when Pa would greet me with a big mug of hot coffee loaded with creme and sugar.   It took the World War II years to break the habit of two scoops of sugar in coffee....hot, sweet, and so tasty . . . but . . . I learned to drink it plain black and found out it was so much better.  The coffee bean has a lot to say for itself....um..um...good...smile.

So go fill your cup, put your feet up for awhile and sip.....turn on the TV news and find out what happened over the weekend.  Hopefully a bit of good news...we can always use that.

I am off for a new Monday.  I have no special plans for today but I am sure I can think of something.....if you were here you could join me....aah...wouldn't  that be a special treat.   Come this way when you can, I'd like that.   I'd like to be going your way but have had no offers...maybe one day...that would be a special treat.   So.....be good, be kind, be gentle.....love one another.....a Golden Rule....don't break it.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment