Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday Afternoon ..end of March....

I just returned from a walk to the corner and back, a lovely spring day, a little on the cool side, not as warm as it has been earlier in the week but it will return,  I am sure.   It was the kind of a day that invites you to walk out.  ....   and...I do.  I go to the corner where there is a big ball field and the youngsters from the school are playing baseball.   I have been keeping an eye on them this week and some are going to be very good players.   One young fellow, think these children are about eleven or twelve, probably seventh graders, maybe eight, but all enthusiastic players, is going to be the 'hit' of the team...he does have a swing....and he seems to know it and enjoy it.   I walk back to the apartment complex and choose to sit out front where there is a bench seat.   No one uses it, but I find it a great place to sit and look about.  The trees are huge and many, the street itself is a main avenue and very busy so the traffic is heavy and there is so much to see in cars, trucks and even a few folks with a baby buggy walking bye.    I particularly enjoy the clouds as they are spread across the sky in all manner of shapes and sizes.  Using my imagination I can tell myself stories of all kinds.   I think the school teachers should have their class outside and introduce the children to the wonders of nature.   The clouds alone tell some truly magnificent stories.  What a chance to take your imagination for a walk!!

I am now back inside and have a cup of tea at my elbow..um..um.  good!!  There are no goodies around, I just don't believe in "saving" for another day....smile!!!

I have my first Easter Card from friend Judy, a  lovely card which I will put up near  my little vase of yellow jonquils.    Easter....a beautiful time of year....no news of Easter dinner...not sure if the girls want to cook in or go out....I am waiting to find out..I will be more than happy to share in the expense, either way.  A good piece of ham is always special, Easter or no......

So, off I go, to catch up on some paper work...there is always 'that' to do.   I have a good book going.  I could put the rocker out on the porch..but....it isn't quite warm enough yet.   Okay B U T !!!  You know that one!!

I hope your Easter is bright and beautiful, just like YOU!!!  I hope your treats are all you love and want.   I hope you will have an Easter building lovely plans for your future and you share YOU with those you like and love. 

Happy Easter!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment