Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday is a Good Day...Smile!!!

Some where the sun is coming up, the waves are up and the seaside is calling folks to come and walk in the sand, smell the ocean, see the seabirds...the wondrous gulls making all kinds of noises.   I miss Brookings!!  The blinds are still drawn but the desk is not in front of the window temporarily ....hope things will go back in their "PROPER" place before today ends.   I am a creature of habit...what can I say???  I want my desk back in front of the window, not facing a wall....all because the blinds need repairing..hopefully today.

Daughter Patricia and I did a little junking yesterday and that is always fun.   There is something about someones junk that has an appeal all its own....the fact we threw something similar out means we enjoy replacing it with almost the same thing...smile.....creatures of bad...or good...habits....smile!!

So....books and their titles catch my eye....and I did come home with three new ones....now to find reading time....but first I have to read the ones I bought the time before last...smile......  I am waiting for a wet and blustery day to hunker down with a good book.    The bookcase is full of interesting titles.....we are suppose to have rainy days early spring....well....where are they? 

It is Friday morning, March 2, 2018...wow, now that is some date.....do you realize how quickly the time goes bye?    I had a call from my friend, Helen, up in the Sierras and she was bemoaning the fact that life is passing much to quickly...she is thinking yard work and gardening already.  She is very good about taking good care of her yard and seems to really love being outdoors.   Her grandson helps with the heavy work and she really enjoys his company.  He keeps an eye on her and is training his son to help keep her place well manicured.  She counts her blessings when they come with rakes in hand.

So Spring is springing and we have to smile when we think of bright days with sunshine and a few showers to help the flowers grow.    Apartment living is not conducive to the lore of gardening, um....maybe a garden box would help.

So, I wish you a good day, all day.  I hope you are going places and finding interesting and wonderful things to do.     Be healthy, be hardy, be YOU....Have a day to remember!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment