Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday ....all day!!!

Good morning.   A lovely light blue sky, a bit of white in the clouds, nothing stirring, not even one leaf, so that must mean that it is going to be a calm clear morning for a Friday, the ninth of March, how fast the days go bye.   I opened the blinds to see that all of the usual cars are parked and the workers already doing their morning chores;  one window shade is open at the hospital wing but only one the others are all drawn and no lights so the folks are sleeping in this morning.  It is very quiet around here this morning.  I do not even hear a footstep out in our corridor;  but, soon there will be a knock on the door and it will be check in time...and I'll be talking with you and sipping hot coffee wishing I had a big fat coffee bun to go with it;  well toast isn't all bad but it really is not the same..smile!!

I had a very quiet day yesterday, didn't go anywhere, or do anything I shouldn't..smile....was 'good' and caught up with my reading, a bit of writing and a little conversation with a drop in or two.   I love it when folks stop in to borrow a book as the word is out that I have a copy of "Suds in Your Eyes" a hilarious Mary Laswell book from the forties.   A story that makes you laugh out loud...building a fence with beer cans....I'd do that if I drank beer but that is not my forte....if you haven't read the Laswell books check the library and see if by chance they have copies;  I guarantee you will enjoy your afternoon. . . and the sequel was "High Time". 

So it is Friday morning with light blue skies, not a breeze to be had, quiet, stillness, and a couple of new bright red cars out it he parking lot this morning.   The red is deep, bright, can't miss it coming down a street.  The others are all silver with the exception of one black wagon...so....the workers are in.I am off for a refill and turn on the news.  I'll enjoy my hot coffee, some news, and plot and plan some activity for today.    The chimney smoke on the roof top across the way is going straight up..um...that means???   There is no fire so it must mean the vents are working properly....smile..  a wise acre in every life...smile.

So be good, be kind, be generous to a fault, be someone that makes smiles follow them all around.    Plot and plan a day that brings love and laughter to your circle.   Take someone out to lunch...a big Mac isn't all bad.....or pizza is good....but blueberry pancakes has a taste all its own.    Just go with whatever makes you happy, content, full and sated....seconds on coffee, good conversation, a hug...some days really are better than others.....go....have a day to remember.  Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment