Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday

It is pitch black out my window, nothing moving, worker cars are parked on 'my' side and most folks are sound asleep and smart to stay cuddled up in their bed.   I am hoping my girls stop bye this morning and help me to change the print.   I should know how by now but the mind goes off on its own and memory remains a mystery as age creeps up and steals a bit of memory every day.  This getting old stuff is not all fun, but it is better than the alternative, as the saying goes....

It is Saturday and I am sure that I will think of something to do before this day is over.   I did my laundry yesterday, and I think I will cull some of the books down.  I can donate them to our library upstairs.   I am one of those who saves a good book to reread...sounds good, but there is never enough time to reread...a new book is always waiting for attention. 

So, it is early, coffee cup is empty, tv needs to be turned on to find out what happened in the wee hours...and a new Saturday is here to enjoy.   I hope you find much pleasure in your hours and catch up with all you intend to do....

I was out with my girls for dinner last night and enjoyed their company and the food we ordered;  nothing to complain about...doesn't that sound good for a change....griping and groaning is such a bad habit....we forget to tell about the good times.    Having dinner out with my girls is a special treat as they put the fun into our time together and we are known for our clean plates...smile.  And our friend Louis stopped by with a hug and a smile.  He is such a good guy.

I am off...well you already know that....smile.    Be good, be kind, be generous to a fault...share a hug or two and a few kind words along the way.   The key to a successful day is a smile!!!!  I am singing..."have I told you lately that I love you....well "darlin, I'm telling you now".....go....have yourself a day to remember.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment