Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Saturday, March 9, 2019

Good Morning!!

Wow!!! It is Saturday, how did it get here so fast...another week used up and enjoyed for so many reasons. Right now it is pitch black out my window. The light is on the side of the hospital wing, a little snow on the ground, the road is wet and it is silent....a new day begins. The workers are coming in slowly. I have an empty coffee cup so if you will excuse me for a second or two, I am off for a refill and open the other eye. It is hard to wake up some mornings and Saturday mornings are the worst of it; no one wants to get up early on a Saturday....well no one I know...smile. Aah, coffee, the elixir of moving and doing, although some prefer tea but to me that is an afternoon drink and I have a cup now and then but I think coffee is my favorite drink...hot and black...an eye opener...smile. The sky is a lavender blue this morning and the trees are still, nothing is moving right this minute. Silence.....the start of a new day. Out of my window I see a sky of varied blues. There are some dark blue skies with light baby blue behind them. The trees are still. Silence. As the eye follows downward, there is a row of lights in the hospital window of one of the rooms. One has the blinds up and you an see in and someone is laying in bed probably watching television. The rest of the workers are driving in slowly to their parking spot. A new work day for them. Ron came to visit yesterday and we had a tea break. I think he misses his lady friend who transferred over to another building; the hospital wing I think. Sad, as they spent a lot of time together. It must be hard to accept the changes. My cup is empty...that will never do...smile. I will go for a refill, hunker down in my easy chair, turn on the television and see what is on and relax awhile. It is to early to get dressed and I have no plans to go anywhere so I don't have to hurry....I can be lazy....old age isn't all bad...ha.ha. So....be good, be kind, be a good neighbor, be a good friend...just be YOU!!! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment