Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thursday Evening

Hello. I had a short snooze in my chair, yes, I am getting to "that" stage of the game as I was out shopping or I should say 'looking' today and that requires a lot of stamina. My daughter Patricia and I went junking...for better word of looking for treasures that do not cost a lot of money and , of course, articles or items you just cannot live without. We have a shop here that we frequent and it is filled with treasures. Today I found a glass vase about six inches tall, cut glass, with flowers and leaf designs that is beautiful. I think it will be just the right size for the desk and now all it needs is flowers. I enjoy 'junking' and have such fun finding treasures that need a home....smile .....and I have little room for much more. I think each time we go 'junking' I find something to bring home and then have to find a place to put it. I think the vase has found its home as it sits right here on the desk and is a perfect size. It has what is known as a fluted edge, beautiful flowers and stems and is heavy, real cut glass. I would say I found a treasure..smile. So, now I have reached the limits for the desk as I have a small wooden angel holding 'the Prayer of Serenity" plaque, a glass floral holder filled with my pens and pencils. I have a small brown or tan vase that will have to go as it has lost its spot as I make room for a new beauty. The little bits of this and that which make our lives easier. I am smiling as I wonder how long before I think of something else to exchange...but...not for awhile. I have to give this a little time..smile. So today was a good day. The weather is perfect, not hot, not cold, just right. smile. Lunch out is always good and we know the right spots to frequent. I hope your day was a good one. I hope you found places to go and things to do that make you smile. I am off to my easy chair and catch up with some loose papers that need to be looked at and tossed. I may make a cup of hot tea and try hard not to have 'something good' to go with it. Have yourself a treat and then a good sleep so you stay healthy and happy. I had a good day, all day, so no complaints from here. Smile!! I am off to love you and leave you..I will be back...what is that about the proverbial penny???? Sleep tight....Be content. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment