Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Sunday, July 14, 2019

A New Sunday Morning!!

The sun is shining on the bushes and trees across the way from me. The golden leaves on one bush tells me the season is changing quickly and Fall is in the air. The bird feeders look empty but someone will fill the before the morning is over. The shades are still down in the hospital wing and all of the worker cars are parked under my window. There is silence this morning; no foot traffic as those who are on duty are already in and working. Three of the windows have shades drawn so some folks like to sleep in. A habit I never acquired. Pa was one of those up at five a.m., out the door to work at six and the neighbors set their clocks by him. Some memories stay in the mind forever and that is not bad at all..smile. The bird is on the roof top across the way. The sun is shining on the trees and there is no wind. There are two birds at the bird feeder and when they light upon it the swinging goes along with it and they feed and ride at the same time. I am laughing, my entertainment for the early morning. We have a beautiful sunshine morning; quiet; worker cars are parked under my window and I can see reflections in the car windows. Only one van type backed in, the others are all faced in. The girls have gone off to Costco. I was not invited and would like to have gone to walk the aisles and see what needed to go into the basket. They will find a few things I said I needed and a few extra special treats I didn't ask for but will relish...smile. fattening stuff...you know what that is....the good stuff...the sweet stuff...smile.....think it is called 'rounding materials' ha..ha. So, the sun is shining, the wind is asleep and the worker cars are silent It is Sunday, the quiet day of the week, and one we look forward to with a smile. It gives us time to relax, fill an easy chair and watch a show or two. A day of rest and we can all use one of those. I hope your day is a fun one. I hope you share you with those you love and like... It is okay to treat someone you love with not only goodies but kind and loving words that should be said at least once a day. Remember that song...."Three Little Words" .....So reach out, a hug or two, and whisper an "I love you" to those you not only love but like. I am off for a little television, too early for our lunch time...I'm laughing as it is breakfast time and it has not changed ...maybe I'll refill the coffee cup and see if there is a sweet crumb left out there. I doubt it, sweet stuff just does not have shelf life around here. Make your today a good one. Be loving. Be kind. Be YOU!!! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment