Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Friday, October 26, 2018

A Fall Evening

Right now I am looking out my window, it is Friday evening about five thirty p.m. , no sun to set as it has been an overcast day, not at all bad, but not full of sunshine.   It has the misty look to it, trees are beautiful yellow and bronze shades along with the deep dark greens of the tall Northwest pines.  The hospital wing window shades are all up as it is about dinner time and the cars are parked on 'my' side of the driveway.   There is a brand new grey wagon that is a beauty and I bet it cost a pretty penny.

It is Friday evening.  I have had my dinner, left over hot dogs, beans and a piece of bread to mop up the juices;  not a total loss...smile.   I would rather have had....well I can think of a dozen things but beggars cannot be choosers and I did not get any invites out so I really am full and saved a bit of space for a desert a bit later...I think I still have a tiny bit of ice cream in the freezer...I'll go look after awhile;   if I do not...then tea is always good as it is hot and delicious.

It has been an alone day, a quiet day and I have had the pleasure of my own company.  There is always a lot of reading material around so I cannot complain as a book is good company.    I did lunch with the ladies and I did do some of the big puzzle with Lois . 

It is Friday so we are heading for a new weekend.   I may get an invitation to go junking tomorrow morning, not sure, but if I do, I'll tell you all about it...smile!!!

I hope your Friday was a good day, all day.  I hope you made good use of your minutes and accomplished all you set out to do.

It is dusk right now and the trees are still, not a twig moving.  The sun has set and the sky is a soft baby blue with patches of grey of different shapes and sizes;  imagination can have fun with that.

The golden hues of the trees still show as the sky changes to twilight and the hospital wing is dark as the shades are drawn on the windows and I'd say they are all buckled in for the night. 

So, I will love you and leave you and hope that your night is all you want it to be.  Time for some television, some news and hopefully a good show or two. 

Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment