Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Thursday, October 4, 2018

A New Thursday Morning!!

Good Morning.  It is pitch black outside my window, nothing moving, silence inside and out. It is amazing how quiet the car motors are as the workers drive in this early in the morning.  It has to be all of five a.m. if it has even reached that...I'm awake...well the body clock says it is time.  I argue with it all the time but get no where.  Blackness is the color of outdoors this time of the morning.  There is one light on the hospital building and if the birds are up on the roof I cannot see them but it will change and daylight will come and a whole new day opens up.   Thursday is a nice name, heading for that weekend everyone loves. 

I spent time at the Gallery with some really nice folks last evening.   We had delicious pizza and I opt for coffee.  Laughter and conversation flows, busy hands and a lot is accomplished.   The ladies had everything ready and the conversation flows as the hands are busy doing short work of the project for the evening.   It is good for us and fun;  really nice folks, laughter and tales and soon we have accomplished so much more than we thought we would.   There is something special about good company, busy hands, tales to tell and a lot accomplished in a few short hours. 

Right this minute it is pitch black outside with the exception of the outside night light which reflects on the parked car roof top.  I cannot see the tiny birds but I am betting they are there on the roof top waiting for the sun to rise.  A new day...a busy day...a healthy and happy day for all..I hope.   My coffee cup is empty.  Quiet is profound.  A new Thursday morning and I am off for my easy chair and the news on television.  My cup is empty.....I make short work of that first cup of coffee.   My mind is reviewing last evening and the good folks I spent time with at the Gallery.  We did accomplish what we set out to do and are ready for a new session when the call goes out.   Busy hands, busy tongues, satisfying the sweet tooth and all is well....a great way to spend an evening.

So we have a new day to accomplish what we set out to do.  How much, how big, how little is yet to be found out.   I am planning a busy day but have no idea doing what ...as yet...I am sure something will pop up and I'll be busy.  Busy is good.

So, off for a refill of hot black coffee.  There is nothing 'good' in this house...you know I am thinking of a big fat jelly doughnut or a piece of coffee cake;   toast is next best so I'll have that.   I'll put some jelly on it and make believe it is something much sweeter....imagination....ah, a good thing we have one to keep us smiling.   I'm off...well you already know that..but I keep trying and that is half the battle.  Life is what we make it and today is going to be a wonderful day, all day, doing the things we have to do and those we want to do.    Okay, turn the light off, roll over and add a few more 'z's' to your sleep time.  I am up, had my coffee, the blog is about to end..I know you are sighing with relief....smile.....I am on my way to the kitchen and the coffee pot...hunker down in my easy chair, turn on the television and see what has happened in the night. 

Your new day is what you put into it so be sure you do something other than wishful thinking.  Be good, be kind, use your imagination, hug a lot, and what is that old song???"Let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy, rainy day....la, la. ... but pitch blackness out my window and I cannot see what kind of a day we are about to have...I'll soon find out...smile!!!!   Go!!!  Be YOU!!!!  Have a day to remember..  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment