Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Hump Day!!

Coffee....aah!!!  What would I do without my morning cup of coffee....I'd hate to find out...smile.

Good morning.  How are you this morning?  I am not awake,but working on it...the eyes are open, the mind still asleep but it is wake up time and the blinds are open to a black outside, night light on in the hospital building and it is nice to see the lights that trim the roof top and the little Christmas tree all aglow in one of the hospital windows, but other than that it is pure black out there.  I am not sure about the weather as I think rain is in the forecast.  I hear the words 'government shut down' so the games begin ..once again....idle threats get us nowhere but the Washingtonians think it does.   

My yesterday was a quiet day and quiet days are good for us.  I find  my mind is changing a little more each day but at this age it is an accepted fact and there is little one can do to change getting old, it is a good thing really....as some wise person would say, 'it beats the alternative'....

No, I am not ready for Christmas, but then I never am..I am one of those last minute shoppers as I remember I didn't finish my list but only thought I did.   Age is wisdom someone said...um...wonder what they were thinking about!!!

So...a new week, a new day today, rain in the forecast and a list to make so I do not miss anyone but the usual 'what to buy' for that one person is always a challenge.  I still think socks are the best gift, the louder the better, ha.ha.ha....

Coffee is gone, cup is empty...where did all that coffee go....well, I need a refill and I am going out into my kitchen and refill my cup, hunker down in my chair, watch the news and put my feet up for another hour or so and then I'll be ready for a new day....or maybe a short snooze...smile!!

Go, have yourself a day you will remember for a long time to come.   Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU....make your new day the best one yet.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment