Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Wednesday, January 15, 2020

"Now It's Wednesday Evening!

I have been sitting here at the computer for some time looking out the window to a winter scene The tall trees are snow trees as the branches are carrying a heavy load of snow. The roof top of the hospital wing is white with the exception of a small black bird sitting on the roof top. There are tiny bushes covered in snow and the street has tire marks in snow on my side of the road. The hospital windows have the shades up but darkness is within the rooms. One or two are still drawn but those that are open do not show anyone moving about. All is silent. It is hard to believe there is only one car parked out there right now. All is silent. An American Service automobile just drove in. The tall trees are covered in snow, very pretty to look at as the sky is light, more white than blue and nothing is moving.It is now after four p.m. and the room lights are beginning to shine. The drapes have not been drawn as yet but I am willing to say they will be soon. It is closing time over at the hospital wing and the night shift is coming in to take over the work for the rest of the day. Silence. Not a leaf stirring. Quiet....no movement whatsoever. It is time for me to move from the computer to my chair, turn on the latest news and decide what it is I want for my dinner. I am hungry and will have to go see what I have to work with. So thanks for sharing time with me today. I am off to have my dinner, some television news and the quiet of the rest of today. I wish I could describe the look of the outside right now; there is a glow in the sky; a soft grey, almost white, as if the last of the suns rays were leaving the area. It is really very beautiful and should be caught on a camera showing the face of a snow evening. How lucky we are, how beautiful as it seems to glow before leaving for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment