Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.







Thursday, December 5, 2019

Thursday Morning

Good morning. Pitch black out my window, worker cars parked on my side of the tarmac, all face in and silence. The sky is almost a violet shade and the trees are still. My coffee cup is empty so I am going to go and refill it...I will be right back. AAH....We have a new Thursday to work with, um...wonder what it holds for us...we are about to find out..smile. I am looking out my window at a soft sky; a soft shade of blue which makes a lovely backdrop for the tall trees that are still. The roof top of the hospital wing looks a bit frosty this morning and the night lights have a few missing lights on so it is good that the whole string does not go off because of one bulb being out Smoke is coming out of the chimney and going straight up. A new day and I have no plans. I am not all the way awake but working on it. Coffee does help as it is hot and tasty, but most of all it brings back memories of childhood and the mug of hot coffee with milk and sugar that waited for me. Pa was an early riser and he had a knack for making coffee in an open pot. I would never try it as it would probably taste like mud. His coffee was always delicious and there was plenty of sugar and cream if you wanted it but it took quite a few years before I learned to drink it black and never changed. The trees are still this morning, the sky a beautiful soft blue and silence. So, a new Thursday morning and silence reigns right now; a lovely sound...smile!!! I hope your day is filled with surprises, good ones that will give you reasons to smile. A good day to go shopping and cut your list down. My coffee cup is empty, so, of for a refill, feet up, news on, no rush, no fuss, a new day. Be good, be kind, be generous to a fault and have a day you will remember for a very long time. Be a friend. Be a lover. Be YOU!!! I am off for a refill, feet up, news on...aah...a new day..... Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment